Do you want to visit Polokwane and don’t know where to go? Worry no more! Today’s guide will show you the major Polokwane tourist attractions.
The guide will also answer whether the Great Kruger National park is in Polokwane.
Polokwane City is a major go-to for many local or international tourists.
Polokwane Tourist Attractions
Below are some of the major Polokwane tourist attractions:
- Bakone Malapa Northern Sotho Open-Air Museum – the museum evokes the customs of the people who lived there 300 years ago and gives an insight into the Bakone people and their way of life.
- The Polokwane Golf Club – founded in 1863, is a major tourist attraction site; you can play your best on generous fairways and bent grass greens while enjoying the scenery.
- Polokwane Game Reserve – here you can go for a game drive in the reserve, which is home to over 50 game species, including the rare white rhino, sable antelope, and giraffe.
- The Hugh Exton Photographic Museum is set in a restored 19th-century church and covers Polokwane’s first half-century and the second Anglo-Boer War through the work of a prolific photographer.
These are the Polokwane tourist attractions in South Africa.
What Are The Other Attractions
The following are other tourist attractions in the city:
- The Tropic of Capricorn Monument is a marker surrounded by picturesque mountains and Bushveld.
The tropic of Capricorn is the southern boundary of the tropics that marks the furthest point south, where the sun can be seen directly overhead at noon.
The Koppies mountains nearby are considered sacred by the local community, and many traditional clan rituals are held here.
- Moletjie Nature Reserve
- University of Limpopo
- Mall of the North
These are other Polokwane tourist attractions you would want to visit in South Africa.
Is The Northern Kruger National Park In Polokwane?
The Kruger National park is one of the largest game reserves in Africa, with an area of 19,623 sq. kilometers.
The park is not in Polokwane but Limpopo province and Mpumalanga province in northeastern South Africa.
The park is home to hundreds of trees, fish, amphibians, reptiles, and bird and mammal species, including Africa’s Big 5.
This is all your information about Polokwane tourist attractions in South Africa.